0.4.2 is an old version of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, released on July 30, 2008.
Stone Soup 0.4.2 (20080729)
Disclaimer: These are merely the highlights, not an exhaustive list of changes.
- Fixed defunct spell slot cap (and crash) with Selective Amnesia memorized.
- Fixed the game crashing if PlaceInfo somehow ends up buggy.
- Fixed runaway skill training.
- Fixed vampire draining not destroying small corpses.
- Fixed player being incapable of attacking some monsters.
- Fixed Elf:1 arrival sometimes being disconnected.
- Fixed picking up runes not enabling teleport control.
- Fixed items being created in walls.
- Fixed macros not working with 0.3.4 keymaps by introducing keybinding.
- Fixed x_ and other feature hotkeys not working in the Abyss.
- Fixed not swapping with a fiery monster into a fire cloud still moving it.
- Fixed firing at enslaved monsters being impossible.
- Fixed randart bardings masquerading as boots.
- Fixed claws/ankus not being handled by the weapon option.
- Fixed maps being unable to place monsters on shallow water.
- Fixed non-potion effects taking Vampire hunger states into account.
- Fixed repeatedly interrupted butchering making no progress.
- Fixed prompting because of inappropriate weapon despite being confused.
- Fixed resistances for lava creatures.
- Weakened monster Dispel Undead.
- TSO no longer minds if you attack an evil monster in an unchivalric manner.
- TSO no longer grants permanent followers, only prolongs their existence.
- Cleansing Flame won't harm monsters if TSO would be angry about that.
- Intelligent allies can now equip themselves even if non-permanent.
- Existing ghosts are now saved back if an undead player dies on their level.
- Restrict freezing cloud to high-damage cold beams, reduce their duration.
- Reduce number of times a beam can bounce.
- Abominations created by Twisted Resurrection count as undead again.
- Don't autoswitch to randarts with the curse property as a butchering tool.
- Count chunks and blood towards decks of summoning rather than wonder.
- Show monsters sensing/seeing invisible in their 'x' description.
- Self-hit prompts now respect the player's known resistances.
- 'allow_self_target = no' no longer prevents self-targetting for area spells.
- Added chunk colour to lua eating prompt.
- Added PCRE to the source tree.