0.24 is a version of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. It was released on October 25th, 2019.
- Vampire species simplified
- Thrown weapons streamlined
- Fedhas reimagined
- Sif Muna reworked
- Incremental pregeneration:
- This mode generates the dungeon in a stable order for all games regardless of the path taken by the player, meaning that the behavior of seeds for online and offline games should now be the same.
- Games using the same seed will see the same dungeon if they are incrementally pregenerated without requiring the long initial generation time of full pregeneration as introduced in 0.23.
- Incremental pregeneration is the default mode for new games.
- Servers can now enable seed selection without heavy CPU cost.
- A Trove map requiring many uses of digging has been removed.
- Identification scrolls are no longer used as a potential Trove cost.
- Transporters in vaults now correctly place in the Abyss.
- Fog generation in the Desolation of Salt portal now happens far less often per turn, greatly reducing slowdown from high CPU usage.
- Random traps no longer place under items placed by vaults.
- Formicids can now use their dig ability on diggable statues.
- Manticore barbs now can only be picked out if the player can move, isn't confused, and isn't asleep.
- Net traps now always trigger when the player steps on them.
- Vampiric weapons no longer have a hunger cost upon wield.
- Vampire simplification: Player vampires no longer eat or drink blood, and have exactly two blood states:
- Alive: Regenerates quickly, normal HP modifier, no undead bonuses, no batform, can transform and berserk normally.
- Bloodless: No regeneration with monsters in sight, -20% HP, stealth bonus, undead resistances, batform, no other transformations or berserk.
- Blood states are transitioned by an ability which costs delay; becoming bloodless incurs no penalty, becoming alive causes a temporary frail mutation.
- Bat form causes stat drain.
- Fedhas reimagined:
- Piety is gained exclusively from kills instead of through corpse decay.
- Fedhas abilities now create plant allies directly as temporary summons instead of creating permanent allies using plants. All abilities cost piety instead of food.
- New abilities:
- 2*: Active 'Wall of Briars' ability to surround the player with briar patches. Hostile monsters will attack briars to reach you, taking damage.
- 3*: Active 'Grow Ballistomycete' ability to place a ballistomycete at any location within radius 2. The ballistomycete will fire spores that seek out foes and make a 1-radius damaging explosion that additionally confuses living creatures.
- 4*: Active 'Overgrow' ability to destroy any non-permarock walls in a 3x3 area, replacing them with plant allies, mostly wandering mushrooms or burning bushes and sometimes ballistomycetes or oklob plants.
- 5*: Active 'Grow Oklob' ability to place an oklob plant at any location within radius 2.
- Fedhas no longer hates any necromancy spells, and allows worship by undead species.
- Removed abilities: Fungal Bloom, Reproduction, Growth, Evolution, Rain.
- Sif Muna reworked:
- Piety gain is exclusively from kills.
- 'Channel Energy' is available at 1* piety instead of 3*.
- 'Forget Spell' is available at 3* piety instead of 4*.
- New 4* 'Divine Exegesis' ability to cast any spell in your library regardless of skill training. Receives a spell-power bonus based on Invocations skill of 1.5 times the spell-power received from equivalent levels of training in the spell's schools.
- The Divine Energy ability and Sif's miscast protection are removed.
- Trog and Okawaru now can gift unbranded boomerangs and javelins.
- Jiyva's Slimify ability now works properly on skeletons, zombies and simulacra.
- Torment can now trigger Jiyva jelly spawns and Xom butterfly spawns.
- The 'X' key map mode has zoom support, defaulting to 60% zoom.
- Sealed off clinging and sensed monsters no longer stop autoexplore.
- Equipment melding no longer stops autoexplore and autotravel.
- Armour, jewellery, and weapons can be worn/wielded from the floor.
- Summoner monsters are now highlighted when the cursor is over one of its summons.
- Traps are now shown in the ctrl-x listing and are indexed in the stash tracker.
- Scarves are now properly shown on player tiles.
- Species and background selection menus now have tiles.
- Updated visual theme for main menu, high scores, and related screens.
- New unrand: Staff of Battle, a staff of conjuration that spawns a battlesphere when a hostile monster is in view.
- Unrandart changes:
- The Storm Bow now has a penetration effect.
- Gyre and Gimble now has the protection brand, enchantment of +7, and no longer has Dex-3.
- Piercer has been removed, its effect having been merged into Storm Bow.
- Weapons with the holy wrath ego can now be cursed.
- Randart rings no longer generate with both rCorr and *Corrode.
- Throwing weapons have been streamlined.
- Blowguns are removed, needles are replaced with throwing darts.
- Dart effects scale with Throwing and Stealth skill.
- Darts of sleep, paralysis, confusion are removed.
- Darts of frenzy are renamed datura-tipped darts.
- A new dart brand, atropa is added. Atropa-tipped darts cause brief confusion and longer-lasting blindness in the target.
- Tomahawks are renamed to boomerangs and always return.
- Javelins always penetrate.
- Steel and silver are merged into a single brand, called silver. Silver ammunition applies the maximum of vorpal bonus damage and the old silver damage bonus.
- Poison, returning, penetration, and exploding are no longer available brands for tomahawks and javelins.
- Blowguns are removed, needles are replaced with throwing darts.
- Monster AC, EV, MR, MaxHP, and descriptions are now exposed in the CLua monster.info class.
- A new function 'defeat_mr()' to determine the chance that a given spell defeats a monster's magic resistance.
- There is a basic seed explorer available in scripts/seed_explorer.lua.
- Monsters can now use wands of clouds, iceblast, and scattershot.
- Monsters clones created by Mara and rakshasa have the intended reduced HP of the original monster instead of several times that value.
- A monster having the Dig spell no longer allows it to cast spells out of LOS.
- Azrael and draconian scorchers can use Call Down Damnation when not at low HP.
- Player ghosts can be shafted.
- Golden Eyes no longer have randomized spellpower for their gaze.
- Monster airstrike uses the same formula as the player, reducing damage variance.
- Pikel's slaves no longer drop corpses nor items.
- The HP from Death's Door is fixed at time of casting rather than being updated continuously, hence being subject to changes in spellpower.
- Olgreb's Toxic Radiance now properly triggers ally conducts when cast.
- Olgreb's Toxic Radiance now applies direct damage and poison status in a way that considers the time of each turn.
- Shroud of Golubria's spellpower is now capped at 50.