Bolt of Fire
|This spell hurls a penetrating bolt of flames.|
Bolt of Fire is a level 6 Conjurations/Fire Magic Bolt spell capable of striking multiple targets along its path, doing a considerable amount of fire damage. Damage and accuracy are both determined by spell power. It is more or less the exact analogue of Bolt of Cold, with the same damage potential and accuracy, though with slightly greater range.
You can get a similar effect through use of a wand of fire.
Although Bolt of Fire has excellent range, bear in mind that each target it strikes reduces its max range by 1. When attempting to snipe a distant foe, consider adjusting your aim to avoid the fodder in between.
Along with its purely offensive uses, Bolt of Fire is useful for creating clouds of steam. Each tile of shallow water or deep water your Bolt of Fire crosses generates 2-6 clouds, potentially blocking dangerous enemies from being able to see you. Bolts of Fire can also be used to destroy freezing clouds, though each cloud destroyed this way reduces the bolt's range by 5.
Several monsters have access to Bolt of Fire. This version of the spell is almost identical to the player version (the damage is slightly more variable). Fire Breath monster ability is very similar to this spell.
The following enemies cast Bolt of Fire:
- & Asmodeus (3d26 damage)
- R Azrael (3d20 damage)
- 2 Balrug (3d23 damage)
- q Draconian scorcher (3d25 damage)
- R Efreet (3d15 damage)
- C Fire giant (3d25 damage)
- D Golden dragon (3d27 damage)
- R Mara (3d27 damage)
- @ Margery (3d32 damage)
- G Ophan (3d24 damage)
- * Orb of fire (3d40 damage)
- o Orc sorcerer (3d17 damage)
The following enemies may be able to cast Bolt of Fire, depending on their spell set:
- L Ancient lich (3d37 damage, 20.0% chance)
- e Deep elf mage (3d17 damage, 16.7% chance)
- O Erolcha (3d14 damage, 20.0% chance)
- p Hell knight (3d18 damage, 50.0% chance)
- L Lich (3d29 damage, 20.0% chance)
- p Necromancer (monster) (3d18 damage, 50.0% chance)
- O Ogre mage (3d18 damage, 33.3% chance)
- Pandemonium lord (5.2% chance)
- p Wizard (monster) (3d18 damage, 20.0% chance)
In 0.25, Bolt of Fire will be removed from the list of spells available to players.