Difference between revisions of "Boris"
m (version tag)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 06:27, 13 April 2013
|An ancient and powerful lich. Like all true liches, Boris is immortal, and will regenerate his skeletal remains even if completely disintegrated. However, while this complicated process would usually take months or even years, Boris has mastered it to the point of being able to reintegrate himself in a matter of minutes.|
Boris is a unique lich that revives after being defeated, reappearing in a random different part of the Dungeon at full strength. He is weaker than an ancient lich, but packs enough powerful magic to constitute a threat even to high-level characters.
- The Dungeon:20-27
- The Swamp:5
- The Snake Pit:5
- The Shoals:5
- The Spider's Nest:5
- The Vaults:4-8
- The Crypt
- The Hall of Blades
- The Tomb
Tips & Tricks
- Boris tends to one- or two-shot careless characters. If you aren't confident you can handle him, run.
- Spellcasters should keep their distance (at least 6 squares to avoid Iron Shot, 7 to avoid Bolt of Draining, and 8 to avoid Bolt of Cold), Haste themselves, and use their longest range spells. He can't Haste himself, thankfully, and a concentrated heavy attack can take him down quickly.
- Blink in a different direction or summon some meat shields if Boris uses Orb of Destruction. If an Orb of Destruction hits another orb, it will create a small explosion; this means you can "cancel" Boris' orb with your own, but make sure to do this from a distance or you'll just catch yourself in the explosion. Be warned that this will make a lot of noise.
- Melee fighters should get into melee range with him as quickly as possible. His melee skills, even with a draining brand, are not that dangerous, and being at point blank range with him reduces the power of his Orb of Destruction immensely. Use a scroll of blinking or lure him around a corner to avoid making a very painful charge.
- Boris will not reappear on another level until he is killed. Thus, if you want to avoid encountering him a second time, just leave him where he is and he won't bother you again unless you come back. That being said, you'll be missing out on nearly 16k XP...