Obsolete: This article refers to an aspect of the game which has been removed. It is retained for historical reference only.
The Charms school of magic includes spells which positively affect yourself, providing improved offense, defence, speed, or other beneficial enhancements until they wear off. Although they never directly affect other targets, they can greatly increase your ability to survive.
- Purple draconians get 1.
|Infusion||Charms||1||25||1||Utility||Book of Battle|
|Shroud of Golubria||Charms/Translocation||2||50||2||Selfench||Book of Battle|
Book of Spatial Translocations
|Song of Slaying||Charms||2||100||8||Utility||Book of Battle|
|Ozocubu's Armour||Charms/Ice||3||100||3||No ghost||Book of Battle|
Book of Frost
|Spectral Weapon||Charms/Hexes||3||100||3||No ghost, Selfench, Utility||Book of Battle|
|Excruciating Wounds||Charms/Necromancy||5||200||15||Helpful||Book of Death|
|Iskenderun's Battlesphere||Charms/Conjuration||5||100||5||Utility||Book of Power|
|Ring of Flames||Charms/Fire||7||200||6||Area||Book of Clouds|
Book of Fire
|Death's Door||Charms/Necromancy||8||200||6||Emergency, No ghost, Utility||Necronomicon|
- Main Texts
- Book of Battle: Infusion, Shroud of Golubria, Song of Slaying, Ozocubu's Armour, Spectral Weapon
- Other Texts
- Book of Clouds: Ring of Flames
- Book of Death: Excruciating Wounds
- Book of Fire: Ring of Flames
- Book of Frost: Ozocubu's Armour
- Necronomicon: Death's Door
- Book of Power: Iskenderun's Battlesphere
- Book of Spatial Translocations: Shroud of Golubria
- The Charms skill was removed in 0.26.
- Shroud of Golubria was removed.
- Spectral Weapon became the spectral weapon brand in 0.26, Deflect Missiles was already represented with the repulsion scarf ego, while Ring of Flames' effect was given to the unrand salamander hide armour. Finally, Infusion inspired the glove ego introduced in 0.28. All four spells were removed.
- Song of Slaying was renamed to Wereblood and moved to Transmutations.
- Ozocubu's Armour, Excruciating Wounds and Iskenderun's Battlesphere had their Charms aspect removed, and were altered in the process. Death's Door became a level 9 pure Necromancy spell.
- In 0.25, Regeneration was removed.
- In 0.19, the Haste spell was removed.
- In 0.17, Control Teleport, along with the intrinsic, was removed.
- Many Charms spells were also removed, over time. Examples include weapon branding spells (like Fire Brand), ones that gave resistances or intrinsics (like Insulation), and Extension.
- In 0.8, the Enchantments school was split in order to create Charms and Hexes.
|Weapons|| Short Blades • Long Blades • Ranged Weapons
Axes • Maces & Flails • Polearms • Staves • Unarmed Combat • Throwing
|Physical||Fighting • Armour • Dodging • Stealth • Shields|
|Magical||Spellcasting • Invocations • Evocations|
|Spell Schools||Air • Conjurations • Earth • Fire • Hexes • Ice • Necromancy • Poison • Summoning • Translocations • Transmutations|