Deck of wonders
|A deck of highly mysterious and magical cards, which can alter the drawer's physical and mental condition, for better or worse.|
Uses the following "stock" potion list:
- Potion of agility (18%)
- Potion of brilliance (18%)
- Potion of might (18%)
- Potion of curing (18%)
- Potion of confusion (9%)
- Potion of slowing (9%)
- Potion of paralysis (9%)
The potion finally selected is determined as follows:
- Power level 0: Roll on stock list.
- Power level 1: Three possibilities:
- Power level 2: Four possibilities:
Moves one point from your worst stat to your best stat (these are selected randomly if all your stats are equal). This can kill you.
Rearranges your natural stat values. For example, if your natural stats are Str 28 Int 5 Dex 10, then after a Shuffle you might have Str 10 Int 28 Dex 5. Shuffle does not exist in basic decks and is relatively rare in ornate decks.
This card makes you more experienced. If you are below level 27:
- Power level 0-1: Gain power * 100 experience points towards your next level, but never enough to gain more than one level.
- Power level 2: Gain a level.
You also receive experience for your skill advancement pool:
- Power level 0-1: Gain power * 50 experience points, up to a maximum of 20k additional XP.
- Power level 2: Gain 20k XP.
Wild Magic Card
Inflicts a random miscast effect on you. Higher power tends to mean deadlier miscasts effects.
- Power level 0: If you have no mutations, gain one. Otherwise, with equal probability:
- Gain one random mutation.
- Lose one random mutation then gain one random mutation.
- Lose one random mutation.
- Power level 1: If you have no mutations, gain one (likely to be good). Otherwise, with equal probability:
- Gain one mutation (likely to be good)
- Lose one mutation (likely to be bad if you have any bad mutations).
- Gain one mutation and lose one mutation, with following probabilities:
- 25%: Lose one probably-bad mutation and gain one random mutation.
- 25%: Lose one random mutation and gain one probably-good mutation.
- 50%: Lose one random mutation and gain one random mutation.
- Power level 2: With equal probability:
- Lose a probably-bad mutation; no effect if you have no mutations.
- Gain one probably-good mutation.
- With equal probability:
- Lose a probably-bad mutation if you have any, then gain a random mutation.
- Lose a random mutation, then gain a probably-good mutation.
If you expect a Power level 2 Helix effect and have no mutations, it is a good idea to drink a Potion of mutation first.
If you expect a Power level 1 Helix effect and have no mutations, do *not* drink a Potion of mutation first.
Power level 0 is a net win on average when your current mutations, taken as a set, are worse than having no mutations at all.
Temporarily diverts incoming XP towards a skill. The closer a skill is to level 20, the more likely it is to be selected, though every skill is eligible. Gives a manual-like bonus at power 1 and 2.
In 0.10 it is no longer possible to alter a Sage effect you don't like by waiting for it to time out or replacing it with another one. Multiple Sage effects stack, even if they affect the same skill, so if you have a +10% Sage for 1000 xp and a +24% Sage for 2000 xp, they'll steal 3000 xp total, putting 3580 xp into that skill.
"You feel better. Some of your gold vanishes!"
- Power level 0
- 80% chance that it will spend 0-66 gold to restore 0-33 HP
- 20% chance that it will spend 0-99 gold to restore 0-33 HP and 0-6 MP
- Power level 1
- 60% chance that it will spend 0-132 gold to restore 0-66 HP
- 40% chance that it will spend 0-198 gold to restore 0-66 HP and 0-13 MP
- Power level 2
- 40% chance that it will spend 0-198 gold to restore 0-99 HP
- 60% chance that it will spend 0-297 gold to restore 0-99 HP and 0-19 MP
The amount of gold you spend is directly proportional to the amount of healing you receive. Actual amounts healed and spent are weighted toward the averages.
To be safest when drawing from a pure deck of wonders:
- Don't blind draw without mutation resistance as Wild Magic may add contamination, potentially a lot at high power.
- Don't blind draw ornate or legendary due to Shuffle.
In 0.14 the Alchemist Card will be moved from wonders to escape.