Revision as of 21:12, 3 November 2020 by Ge0ff (Bump version and switch to the monster info template)
|A huge pachyderm, wilder and fiercer than normal elephants, with a very thick hide, powerful legs, and a memory to die for.|
Tips & Tricks
- Dire elephants have significant damage output, and they're much more resistant to magic than regular elephants, but they aren't that much more durable otherwise. Any kind of strong Conjurations or Summonings magic will suffice, and pure melee characters can usually take them on one-on-one by the time they're encountered.
- Dire elephants are not resistant to poison, so you can kite them using spells like Poisonous Vapours or Olgreb's Toxic Radiance. Curare-tipped darts are effective for slowing them down.
- If you have trouble killing them, try lowering their AC with a wand of acid.
- Be aware that several dire elephants may appear in one of The Lair's endings, where characters will generally be less well-equipped to deal with them.
- Dire elephants were added in 0.7.