|This spell drives nearby creatures into an insane frenzy, mercilessly attacking anything and everything nearby with great strength and speed.|
Discord is a level 8 Hexes spell that tries to frenzy all monsters with at least animal intelligence in your line of sight. Creatures with lower intelligence are completely unaffected. Frenzied creatures will attack anything (including you) and will also go berserk if they have natural holiness. Sleeping creatures are not affected by this spell.
Since power limit of the spell is 200, it can affect even late game monsters.
- Affected monsters are neutral while under the duration of the spell. Note that most spells will not automatically target a neutral target, though this is more of a comfort issue.
- This spell is especially usefull against groups of living enemies. Even if some of them resist, they will usually be torn apart by their berserk former allies. (You do get experience for kills done by affected monsters.) Ogre groups, Deep Troll packs and the Draconians in Zot all make good targets.
- After using this spell you`ll usually want to get out of sight fast, to prevent accidentally being swarmed by several berserk opponents. (The duration of this spell is not dependent on your LOS.)
- Very, very usefull on Vaults:5 entry if you can get away from the ensuing bloodbath.
- Unaffected monsters will usually not target their former allies unless they themselves get attacked by them. Coupled with the increased damage and speed from berserk it is possible for a frenzied Vault guard to walk up to several mighty dragons and slaughter them one by one.
Discord was added in 0.13