For a list of all golems, see list of golems.
| An animated figure made completely of electricity, created in some demented wizard's experiment.
"I sing the Body electric"
-Walt Whitman, "I Sing the Body Electric", _Leaves of Grass_. 1867.
Electric golems are one of the more dangerous monsters in the Realm of Zot. They move as fast as spriggans and Blink constantly while shooting lightning or annihilating you in melee. They're much more resistant to electricity and poison than they are to fire and cold.
Tips & Tricks
- Electricity resistance and decent AC are mandatory for survival. If you lack rElec, quaff a potion of resistance while fighting an electric golem. If you can't kill it before the potion wears off (or if you don't have any potions), teleport away.
- Don't even attempt Zot:5 unless you have electricity resistance (though you should have found at least something by the time you get there).
- Even if you do have rElec, don't let an electric golem catch you where it can multizap you. Fight them with either open space or metal walls behind you, and be prepared to move if it blinks to a more dangerous angle.
- Flight reduces the electricity damage of its melee attacks, but not as much as proper resistance. You'll still take full damage from its ranged attacks.
- Electric golems have high EV, so you may wish to use unavoidable spells like Fireball or Airstrike.