Hexes are spells that affect things and monsters (usually negatively). They mostly ignore dealing direct damage in favour of inflicting debilitating status effects on enemies. Many effects are resisted by willpower, which can be reduced by a scroll of vulnerability or an orb of guile.
- Purple draconians get 1.
- Main Texts
- Book of Debilitation: Slow, Confusing Touch
- Book of Hexes: Inner Flame, Cause Fear, Discord
- Book of Maledictions: Anguish, Enfeeble
- Book of Misfortune: Confusing Touch, Yara's Violent Unravelling, Enfeeble
- Other Texts
- Book of Beasts: Summon Mana Viper
- Book of Blasting: Fulminant Prism
- Book of Burglary: Ensorcelled Hibernation
- Book of Callings: Summon Guardian Golem
- Book of Chaos: Discord
- Book of Conjurations: Fulminant Prism
- Book of Dangerous Friends: Summon Guardian Golem
- Book of the Dragon: Cause Fear
- Book of Dreams: Ensorcelled Hibernation, Anguish
- Book of the Earth: Leda's Liquefaction
- Script error
- Great Wizards, Vol. VII: Tukima's Dance, Yara's Violent Unravelling
- Book of the Hunter: Portal Projectile, Leda's Liquefaction
- Book of the Moon: Silence
- Book of the Senses: Dazzling Flash, Silence
- Book of Sloth: Metabolic Englaciation
- Book of Spectacle: Dazzling Flash
- Book of Weapons: Tukima's Dance, Portal Projectile
- Book of the Wilderness: Summon Mana Viper
- Book of Winter: Metabolic Englaciation
- 0.28 Added Enfeeble and Anguish. Invisibility now monster only.
- 0.20 Moved Portal Projectile into this school and moved Gell's Gravitas out of it.
- 0.18 The level 5 spell Yara's Violent Unravelling was added to the Book of Hinderance and it was renamed to Book of Misfortune.
- 0.17 Sure Blade and Enslavement were removed. Darkness was set to level 6 instead of level 7! Gell's Gravitas became level 3 and smite-targeted, but no longer confusing enemies. Silence was now inside Book of Dreams. Metabolic Englaciation was set to level 5.
- 0.16 Gell's Gravitas was added.
- Prior to 0.14, you could find Polymorph in the Book of Transfigurations. It caused an effect similar to a wand of polymorph.
- In 0.8, the Enchantments school was split in order to create Hexes and Charms.
|Weapons||Short Blades • Long Blades • Ranged Weapons|
|Physical||Fighting • Armour • Dodging • Stealth • Shields|
|Magical||Spellcasting • Invocations • Evocations|
|Spell Schools||Air • Conjurations • Earth • Fire • Hexes • Ice • Necromancy • Poison • Summoning • Translocations • Transmutations|