|This is a tall and powerful Elven species who advance in levels slowly, requiring half again as much experience as Humans. They have good intelligence and dexterity, but suffer in strength. Compared with Humans, they have fewer HP but more magic. Among all races, they are best with blades and bows. They are not very good with necromancy or with earth or poison magic, but are highly skilled with most other forms of magic, especially Air and Charms.|
- Warriors: Hunter
- Warrior-mages: Skald
- Mages: Wizard, Conjurer, Fire Elementalist, Ice Elementalist, Air Elementalist
- +1 intelligence or dexterity (equal chance) every 3rd level.
- 10% less hit points than average.
- +4 magic resistance per level.
Starting Equipment and Skills
High Elves receive all the skills and equipment listed for their background.
Difficulty of Play
|Simple • Intermediate • Advanced|
High Elves are a rather easy species to play, because of good overall aptitudes and a large mana pool; however, they have slightly lower HP (-10%) than normal and level somewhat slowly.
The higher the value, the better the aptitude.
|Maces & Flails||-2||Summonings||-1|
- High Elves were removed in 0.20.
- Prior to 0.14, racial equipment existed. High elves were able to use elven equipment more effectively than standard gear.
|Simple||Hill Orc • Minotaur • Merfolk • Gargoyle • Draconian • Halfling • Troll • Ghoul|
|Intermediate||Human • Kobold • Demonspawn • Centaur • Spriggan • Tengu • Deep Elf • Ogre • Deep Dwarf • Gnoll|
|Advanced||Vine Stalker • Vampire • Demigod • Formicid • Naga • Octopode • Felid • Barachi • Mummy|