For a list of all jellies, see list of jellies.
|A pulsating mass of acidic protoplasm. It can and will eat almost anything, and grows a little each time...|
Jellies are rather weak creatures that introduce the player to the concept of corrosion, a stackable debuff which inflicts a negative slaying bonus and an AC penalty.
Followers of Jiyva will have a frustrating time with the jellies their god provides. These jellies have a special appetite for items lying around the dungeon floor and will devour anything except artefact items.
Tips & Tricks
- If at all possible, you should fight jellies using ranged attacks to avoid their acid.
- Wearing a ring of resist corrosion or another source of rCorr will greatly reduce the chance of corrosion, as well as the damage you sustain.
- Prior to 0.19, jellies would eat items on the ground that the player had not seen even if the player was not worshiping Jiyva.
- Prior to 0.17, jellies would also eat items on the ground that the player had seen.
- Prior to 0.15, jellies were notorious for permanently weakening weapons and armour used in combat against them. The corrosion overhaul changed this.
- Prior to 0.14, jellies would not split no matter how many items they consumed.
- Prior to 0.13, jellies were more durable and hit harder, but only had speed 9.