List of dragons
| "On the other hand, Confucious is made to say to his disciples, 'I know how birds can fly, how fishes can swim, and how animals can run. But the runner may be snared, the swimmer may be hooked, and the flyer may be shot by the arrow. But there is the dragon. I cannot tell how he mounts on the wind through the clouds, and rises to heaven. Today I have seen Lao-tsze, and can only compare him to the dragon.'"
-Life of Confucius
"This Dragon had Two furious Wings
-"An Excellent Ballad of a most dreadful Combat, fought between Moore of Moore-Hall, and the Dragon of Wantley", retold by Ambrose Philips, _A Collection of Old Ballads. Corrected from the Best and Most Ancient Copies Extant. With Introduction Historical, Critical, or Humorous_. 1723.
Dragons are powerful reptilian monsters which prowl through the dungeon, using their elemental breath attacks to devastate any heroes they come across. The draconian race is closely related to them, though this genetic similarity does not make these beasts any more amicable. While dragons vary wildly in their strengths and weaknesses, they are all susceptible to weapons of dragon slaying, as well as (in some cases) other vulnerabilities.
D Dragon (or "fire dragon") - The traditional fire-breathing dragon.
D Ice dragon - Slightly smaller than their fire-breathing cousins, ice dragons breathe powerful frost breath.
D Storm dragon - Fast, strong, and armed with lightning breath, storm dragons are one of the more powerful members of dragonkind.
D Bone dragon - Cobbled together from the skeletons of others, these "dragons" lack most draconic powers but are phenomenally strong all the same.
D Quicksilver dragon - Slight and swift, these terrors breathe devastating irresistible energies, making them more feared than many of their larger cousins.
D Iron dragon - Made of living iron, these dragons are slow and unable to fly. They make up for it with lethal metal shard breath and immense durability.
D Pearl dragon - A proud and noble dragon with breath of holy fire. They are a symbol of the undaunted heroic spirit, and an inspiration to young heroes that they can in fact make it all the way to the Orb of Zot. That doesn't mean they won't still eat you.
D Golden dragon - The king of all dragons, golden dragons can breathe and resist multiple elements. They are hunted all the same for the phenomenal hide they produce.
D Xtahua - An ancient and powerful fire dragon who loves to snack on foolhardy adventurers.
D File:Serpent of Hell Gehenna.pngFile:Serpent of Hell Cocytus.pngFile:Serpent of Hell Tartarus.pngFile:Serpent of Hell Dis.png Serpent of Hell - A bizarre demonic dragon found deep in one of the four Hells.
l Fire drake - A miniature dragon capable of spitting gouts of fire.
l Lindwurm - A strange legless dragon with potent fire breath, though still no match for an actual dragon.
| "His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal. One is so near to another, that no air can come between them. They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered."
-KJV Bible, Job 41:15-17.
In spite of the risk involved, slaying certain dragons can prove extremely rewarding. Their hides possess unusual properties that make them exceptionally useful as a material for armour, though to craft it in the Dungeon requires the use of a scroll of enchant armour. You can also find this equipment in shops, lying around the Dungeon floor, or as a god gift from Okawaru. Artifact dragon armours even exist, and can provide phenomenal benefits.
- Steam dragon hide/Steam dragon armour: An extremely light yet somewhat durable suit of armour, often used by casters or stabbers. Provides rSteam++.
- Mottled dragon hide/Mottled dragon armour: Slightly sturdier than steam dragon gear, and with only a minor loss in mobility. Provides rSticky.
- Swamp dragon hide/Swamp dragon armour: A balanced defense suitable for nimble close-quarters fighters or casters willing to endure a little burden. Provides rPois++.
- Fire dragon hide/Fire dragon armour: Somewhat heavy armour that provides decent defense and stops fire attacks dead, though it handles cold less well. Provides rF++ and rC-.
- Ice dragon hide/Ice dragon armour: Slightly more durable than fire dragon armour, ice dragon armour provides an inverse set of resistances. Provides rC++ and rF-.
- Storm dragon hide/Storm dragon armour: This armour is undeniably heavy, but provides excellent defense against physical and electric attacks. Provides rElec++.
- Pearl dragon hide/Pearl dragon armour: Although harder to come by than most forms of dragon armour, this suit provides an excellent balance of mobility and defense, particularly against the forces of evil. Provides rN+.
- Gold dragon hide/Gold dragon armour: Staggeringly heavy but nearly unparalleled in defense, the golden dragon's hide creates a very desirable prize for those who seek pure defense. Provides rF+, rC+, and rPois+.