Malmutate is a level 6 Transmutation/Hexes monsters-only spell which attempts to mutate its target. If Malmutate is used by an enemy on a player there is an 80% chance that it will cause a bad mutation, and a 20% chance it will cause a random mutation. Magic resistance is useless against this, but mutation resistance functions normally.
Abominations change their tile in and ugly things change colour instead of aforementioned effects.
The following enemies cast Malmutate:
Tips & Tricks
- Malmutate is a line of sight targeted spell, rather than smite targeted. If you do not have adequate mutation resistance, you can use summons or other monsters as temporary cover until you can get away to safety.
- Good ways to prevent being malmutated involve summoning butterflies, casting and maneuvering around summon lightning spire, reading or evoking fog, getting around a corner to block line of sight, getting a random monster between you and the malmutator, or even miscasting an impossible to cast summoning spell in order to get a nameless horror between you and the monster.
- Irradiate can malmutate adjacent monsters.