| The Palentongas are a large, scaled mammalian race, walking on four feet and swinging a powerful tail behind them. Their elephant-back armies terrorize the lands outside the Dungeon.
Palentongas are best known for their powerful roll attack, curling up and rolling into a crashing melee attack against nearby foes. They're well suited to melee combat and to casting supportive spells, but they're significantly worse at other forms of combat and advance quite slowly in experience levels. Their body shape reduces the protection given by the body armour they wear.
- Rugged Brown Scales 3: Palentongas are covered in rugged brown scales (AC +3, +7% max HP).
- Acute Vision: Palentongas can see invisible.
- Deformed: A Palentonga's hybrid body fits poorly into body armour.
- Roll: Palentongas can perform a rolling charge attack; this moves the user up to a target within 4 tiles and attacks, all within the normal amount of time required to move one space or swing the user's equipped weapon (whichever is higher). The movement bypasses traps and other hazardous terrain, but cannot be performed when obstructed by intervening monsters or impassable terrain and cannot target harmless monsters like plants. The attack has a bonus to to-hit, deals extra damage based on how far the user has traveled, and does not require a cooldown, but makes a great deal of noise. Auxiliary attacks and cleaving apply when making rolling attacks.
- Armoured Tail: Palentongas have armoured tails that they may use to make especially damaging tail-slap auxiliary attacks.
- Palentongas cannot wear boots, but may equip bardings.
- Palentongas are large enough to attack normally while standing in shallow water (though they still move slowly through it).
- Palentongas require less skill to use shields effectively than medium-sized races.
- +1 to a random stat every 4th level.
- 10% more HP than average.
- Average MP.
- +3 magic resistance per level.
Starting Skills and Equipment
Palentongas start with all the skills and equipment listed for their background.
Difficulty of Play
|Simple • Intermediate • Advanced|
The higher the value, the better the aptitude.
|Maces & Flails||0||Summonings||-2|
- Palentongas will be added in 0.26.
|Simple||Hill Orc • Minotaur • Merfolk • Gargoyle • Draconian • Halfling • Troll • Ghoul|
|Intermediate||Human • Kobold • Demonspawn • Centaur • Spriggan • Tengu • Deep Elf • Ogre • Deep Dwarf • Gnoll|
|Advanced||Vine Stalker • Vampire • Demigod • Formicid • Naga • Octopode • Felid • Barachi • Mummy|