|A triple sword made of weird glowing metal. It irradiates those it strikes, causing a range of unpredictable effects — if they survive the impact of the blade itself, that is.|
+11 triple sword
The plutonium sword combines extremely brutal damage output with occasional transmutations miscast effects, such as extra irresistible damage or malmutation. The sword has a 2% chance to polymorph the target, which can occasionally turn a minor threat into something dangerous. If you need to unwield it, you can quaff potions of cancellation to safely reduce your magical contamination.
- In 0.20, the enchantment was reduced to +11.
- In 0.15, the enchantment was changed from +12, +16 to +14. Stealth penalty was increased to -50 from -20.
- In versions 0.14 and 0.15, it was a claymore instead of a triple sword.
- Prior to 0.12, this sword would curse itself when wielded and contaminated you lightly every turn you held it. Combined with the fact that it did not inflict Transmutation miscast effects, this made it extremely hazardous and much less desirable to use.
- art-data.txt:621 (0.25.1)