|Reduces the chance of projectile attacks striking the caster, making them easier to dodge. Single-target attacks are much easier to repel than penetrating attacks. Each time a missile is repelled the spell has a chance of expiring, with a lower chance of expiry at high power.|
Repel Missiles is a monster-only spell which moderately protects the caster from ranged attacks.
Repel Missiles reduces the to-hit of ranged attacks against the caster to a random value between:
- vs single-target beams: 0% - 100% of its normal value
- vs penetrating bolts: 50% - 100% of its normal value
The following enemies cast Repel Missiles:
- The Amulet of the Air is an unrandart amulet that produces a permanent repel missiles effect.
- Demonspawn with the Repulsion Field will eventually develop a permanent repel missiles effect as well.
- Worshipers of Qazlal will eventually acquire a permanent Repel Missiles effect with enough piety.
- Scarves of repulsion.
Deflect Missiles is a more advanced version of Repel Missiles and its effect overrides Repel Missiles' effect.
Although this effect is inferior to Deflect Missiles, it's still much better than nothing, especially in the early Dungeon when Deflect Missiles isn't available and you might encounter centaurs (who have made pincushions of many a low-level player). Repel Missiles is useful while exploring the Shoals, the Elven Halls, and other areas infested with enemies who love to shoot at you.
- Prior to 0.20, Repel Missiles was a level 2 Air/Charms spell available to players. However, other sources still exist.
- Prior to 0.14, repelling missiles status expired based on a timer.
- beam.cc:2884 (0.21.0)