Ring of teleportation
|A ring that occasionally exerts its power to teleport its wearer next to monsters.|
Teleportitis only triggers when it would land the player in LOS of enemies.
- Rings of teleportation are almost always bad items to wear, but they may see some potential, albeit risky use in stealthy stabbers. Note that this ring will not always place the player directly next to a monster, but it does not immediately alert resting monsters to your presence, either. The risk probably outweighs the benefit, especially when considering the value of other available rings.
- Teleportitis does not trigger in the Gauntlet. It also does not function in the Abyss.
- In 0.27, rings of teleportation were removed.
- Prior to 0.18, rings of teleportation could be evoked to teleport, so they were not completely harmful items.
- Prior to 0.17, teleportitis would randomly translocate the player to another location on the map, instead of next to enemies.