|This spell temporarily transforms the caster into a slow-moving (but extremely robust) stone statue, capable of dealing monstrous blows with weapons or bare fists. The caster's stone body is insulated from electricity and gains resistance to poison, rotting, and negative energy.|
Statue Form is a level 6 Transmutations/Earth Magic spell which changes the caster into a sentient, mobile statue. This makes the caster immensely strong and gives him the endurance of stone, but makes his actions slower. Gargoyles cannot cast this spell. For the duration of this spell the caster gains the following:
- Unarmed Combat Base Damage = UC+6+(Strength/3))
- +50% damage bonus to all melee attacks
- +2 strength
- A huge AC bonus (17 + (spell power)/10, max )
- 39% guaranteed damage reduction
- +30% HP
- Synergy bonus to the Stoneskin spell (gain an additional 3 + ((11 * Stoneskin spell power)/100) AC)
- Immunity to poison
- Electricity resistance
- One rank of life protection
- 50% reduction to torment damage
- Rot resistance
- Body armour, gloves, and boots meld into your character, becoming inactive.
- The base cost of all actions is increased by 50% (similar to being under the effect of the Slow spell)
- -2 dexterity
- Gives you a 100% failure chance when attempting to scramble out of deep water or lava
- Vulnerability to Shatter and Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
- Despite the scary sounding speed penalty, Statue Form is worth using. This spell is most useful for characters who fight in melee and are unable to use most or all armors, like trolls, felids, and octopodes, though any character in need of one of the many resistances it offers will find it useful, particularly if they have access to a source of Haste to negate the speed penalty.
- Try to avoid falling in deep water or lava while in Statue Form, as it's guaranteed death. Fortunately, the game will prevent you from casting the spell when doing so would kill you.
Prior to 0.16, Gargoyles could cast Statue Form.