Version 0.27: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Fires a shard of ice. Due to its strong impact and cutting edges, a significant portion of its damage bypasses cold resistance.|
Throw Icicle is a level 4 Conjurations/Ice Magic monster-only spell which hurls an icy shard at a single target up to 5 tiles away. Only 40% of its damage is reduced by cold resistance, making it effective even against players with significant protection from cold damage.
Because Throw Icicle fires a solid projectile, it can pass through clouds of flame without negating them; hiding behind Conjure Flame will not protect you the same way it would with other forms of icy magic.
The following enemies cast Throw Icicle:
- e Deep elf knight (3d20 damage)
- e Dowan (enraged) (3d11 damage)
- q Draconian knight (3d25 damage)
- @ Frances (3d23 damage)
- 8 Ice statue (3d16 damage)
- m Ilsuiw (3d25 damage)
- m Merfolk aquamancer (3d23 damage)
- b Shard shrike (3d30 damage)
|Damage Formula||3d(3.33+Power/6) cold|
- In 0.25, Throw Icicle was removed from the list of spells available to players in favor of Hailstorm.
- In an early version of Crawl, Throw Icicle was known as Ice Bolt. The name was changed to avoid confusion with the other Bolt spells.