| An ugly thing. According to legend, this mutated creature is the otherworldly spawn of a wizard's breeding experiment. Yuck.
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty. One person may even perceive deformity, where another is sensible of beauty; and every individual ought to acquiesce in his own sentiment, without pretending to regulate those of others.”
Ugly things are strangely-shaped, nauseating monsters that usually appear in groups. They are found mid-game in the Dungeon and in some branches, particularly the Vaults. They come in a rainbow of colours, each of which has its own elemental attributes. Their attack types also vary: some ugly things bite, some headbutt, and others still will slap you with tentacles.
Ugly Thing Varieties
- u Red: Fire attack, rF+
- u White: Cold attack, rC+
- u Cyan: Electricity attack, rElec+
- u Brown: Acid attack, rAcid
- u Green: Nasty poison attack, rPois+
- u Purple: Extra damage, rRot
Ugly things may change color each turn they spend adjacent to other ugly things or a character with magic contamination.
Tips & Tricks
- Packs of ugly things will spontaneously change their damage and resistance types mid-fight. If you rely on elemental damage, keep track of what you're up against before attacking.
- The Repulsiveness card from the Deck of summoning lets you call an ugly thing into existence to fight at your side.