A single source of wizardry decreases raw spell failure by ×75%, two sources by ×66.6%, and three by ×50%. This is a multiplicative factor, applied after calculating spell failure from skills, though failure is modified by a further modifier.
Generally, the actual decrease to failure rate will be larger than the raw decrease. For example, wizardry x1 will bring failure rates from 80% -> 45% (×56%), 50% -> 22% (×44%), or 15% -> 6% (×37.5%).
- Big Brain was introduced in 0.27.
- Prior to 0.26, staves of wizardry existed, which gave a rank of wizardry.
- Prior to 0.25, potion of brilliance provided a temporary wizardry bonus.
- Prior to 0.14, a staff of wizardry granted a better wizardry bonus than a ring of wizardry.
- Spell success for details on how wizardry affects failure rate.
- This is true when your (post-wizardry failure rate) < 50%. The smaller the failure, the smaller the % multiplier (keep in mind that it is a multiplier).
- spl-cast.cc:335 (0.30.0)