|A pair of gloves made of white silk. They have a natural affinity with the riposte, allowing their wielder to retaliate against some missed attacks with any weapon.|
the +0 pair of fencer's gloves
Free attacks with any melee weapon on dodge or block is quite novel, especially with strong and/or vampiric weapons. A more specialized pair of randart gloves might be better overall, but these are still pretty good gloves for high-EV or -SH melee characters.
- Prior to 0.29, riposte did not trigger on blocked attacks.
- Prior to 0.28, the fencer's gloves would stack with the riposte of Long Blades, for a total of 66% to activate per miss.
- Prior to 0.19, the fencer's gloves gave +4 boosts to Long Blades and Short Blades skills and increased EV by 3. They were also +2 gloves.
- Prior to 0.17, these gloves gave +2 slaying instead of the skill bonuses.
- Prior to 0.15, these gloves gave only +3 to dexterity, and added +8 to accuracy rather than +2 slaying.
- art-data.txt:1022 (0.30.1)