Scroll of magic mapping
(Redirected from Magic mapping)
|A scroll that reveals the surroundings of the one who reads it.|
Scrolls of magic mapping don't work in the Abyss. Using the scroll on a floor where you've already mapped everything will leave you "momentarily disoriented", although this effect is harmless.
- Magic mapping scrolls are best saved for locating mini-branch portals before they expire, such as the Gauntlet, Bazaar, Volcano, or Ice Cave. Keep an eye for the alert message when entering a new level of the dungeon.
- It is also wise to save magic mapping scrolls for the bottom of branches that contain runes, as well as the bottom level of the Realm of Zot.
- If you fall down a shaft for multiple floors, a magic mapping scroll or two can help you get back up to a safer location quickly.
- Prior to 0.25, scrolls of magic mapping did not reveal traps.
- Prior to 0.10, this scroll would not detect secret doors, although these doors were removed in 0.12.
|Acquirement • Amnesia • Blinking • Brand weapon • Enchant armour • Enchant weapon • Fear • Fog • Holy word • Identify • Immolation • Magic mapping • Noise • Random uselessness • Remove curse • Silence • Summoning • Teleportation • Torment • Vulnerability|