Black Mark is the second level of the Black Mark demonspawn mutation. Each time you attack a monster in melee, there is a 20% chance that you will drain its vitality, applying one of these effects to the victim: antimagic, weak, or draining.
|Empowers the caster and any nearby allies to debilitate their foes on a successful melee attack, allowing them to inflict draining, cause weakness, or deplete magical power.|
Black Mark is a monster-only spell that applies the black mark status effect to any ally in the LOS of the caster. When a monster with this enchantment deals some damage in melee to the player or another monster, one of the following effects will be applied to the defender:
The following enemies cast Black Mark:
- Prior to 0.28, Black Mark would not reroll if it got a useless effect.
- Prior to 0.27, the player version was the third rank of the demonspawn mutation, not the second.
- Gloorx Vloq had this spell in 0.18.
- Since 0.17, black Mark no longer has vampiric effect (healing the player for 1d(damage done-1)); its other effects are now stronger. Also, the set of effects had slow instead of weak.
- Black Mark was added in 0.14.