|Slows the actions of a creature.|
Slowed creatures take 50% longer for movement and all other actions. Haste and Slow will cancel each other out, without rounding error. This can seriously reduce the damage output of affected creatures, and it is much easier to escape slowed pursurers (but much harder to escape when slowed).
Other than the Slow spell, the following can inflict slow:
- Metabolic Englaciation
- Miasma clouds
- Curare-tipped darts
- Cheibriados' Temporal Distortion
- A piece from Xom's chessboard
- Chaotic effects
The monster version of this spell functions similarly to the player version.
The following enemies cast Slow:
- n Bog body
- 2 Cacodemon
- e Deep elf archer
- @ Erica
- w Gastronok
- S Guardian serpent
- a Imperial myrmidon
- E Iron elemental
- @ Jessica
- @ Kirke
- L Lich
- h Natasha
- H Sphinx
- i The Enchantress
The following enemies may be able to cast Slow, depending on their spell set:
- Pandemonium lord (3.4% chance)
- Prior to 0.30, the Slow spell had an enchantment power multiplier of x1.5, making it more likely to succeed.
- Prior to 0.28, the Slow spell was a level 2 Hexes spell, with a power cap of 200.
- Prior to 0.18, an amulet of stasis could protect you from Slow.
- Prior to 0.10, the Slow spell did not have an enchantment power boost.
- Prior to 0.8, slowing made every action take twice as long.