|Slows the actions of a creature.|
If the target fails a willpower check, its movement and actions will take 50% longer than normal. This can seriously reduce the damage output of affected monsters, and makes it much easier for you to escape pursuers. At higher spell power, the target is slowed for a longer period of time. Formicids are immune to the effect due to their stasis.
A piece from Xom's chessboard, clouds of miasma, curare-tipped darts, Metabolic Englaciation, or Leda's Liquefaction (on monsters) will all have the same "slow" effect, but some of them will check other parameters or resistances instead of willpower.
The monster version of this spell functions similarly to the player version.
The following enemies cast Slow:
- n Bog body
- 2 Cacodemon
- e Deep elf archer
- @ Erica
- w Gastronok
- S Guardian serpent
- a Imperial myrmidon
- E Iron elemental
- @ Jessica
- @ Kirke
- L Lich
- h Natasha
- H Sphinx
- i The Enchantress
The following enemies may be able to cast Slow, depending on their spell set:
- Pandemonium lord (3.4% chance)
- Prior to 0.28, the Slow spell was a level 2 Hexes spell, with a power cap of 200.
- Prior to 0.18, an amulet of stasis could protect you from Slow.
- In 0.17, Slow was removed from the Book of Hinderance.
- In 0.10, the spell received a small power boost.
- Prior to 0.8, slowing made every action take twice as long.