(Redirected from Black mark)
Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
Black Mark is the second level of the Black Mark demonspawn mutation. Each time you attack a monster in melee, there is a 20% chance that you will drain its vitality, applying one of these effects to the victim: antimagic, weak, or draining.
|Empowers the caster and any nearby allies to debilitate their foes on a successful melee attack, allowing them to inflict draining, cause weakness, or deplete magical power.|
Black Mark is a monster-only spell that applies the black mark status effect to any ally in the LOS of the caster. When a monster with this enchantment deals some damage in melee to the player or another monster, one of the following effects will be applied to the defender:
The following enemies cast Black Mark:
- Prior to 0.28, Black Mark would not reroll if it got a useless effect.
- Prior to 0.27, the player version was the third rank of the demonspawn mutation, not the second.
- Gloorx Vloq had this spell in 0.18.
- Since 0.17, black Mark no longer has vampiric effect (healing the player for 1d(damage done-1)); its other effects are now stronger. Also, the set of effects had slow instead of weak.
- Black Mark was added in 0.14.