Version 0.23: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Freezes the air around a target, causing significant harm and slowing the target's movement. It has no effect on targets that are already frozen.|
Flash Freeze is a monster-only spell which fires a beam of cold that ignores EV and applies the Frozen status effect to the target. This negative enchantment lasts for 3 turns and cannot be refreshed.
The following enemies cast Flash Freeze:
- C Antaeus (3d29 damage)
- L Josephina (3d28 damage)
- k Rime drake (3d13 damage)
- D Serpent of Hell (Cocytus) (3d24 damage)
Other possible sources are the wrath of Vehumet and Makhleb.
- Prior to 0.20, there was the Dagger of Chilly Death unrandart, which could 'flash-freeze' the target on a successful hit.
- Prior to 0.19, Flash Freeze was one of the possible magical effects of the Legendary Destruction spell.
- This spell was added in 0.14.