Version 0.25: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
- This page is a stub. You could probably expand this page should you wish to do so.
Melee combat is the act of fighting a monster using a melee weapon or your character's fists (or tentacles in the case of octopodes). The latter is defined as unarmed combat. This usually requires the moster to be adjacent to the player, but polearms allow the attack to be performed from a distance using their reaching ability.
The commands used by the player to perform melee attacks are:
- Attempting to move into a monster's tile will attack it.
- Tab: Attack the nearest monster, moving if necessary.
- Shift-Tab: Attack the nearest monster without moving.
- v: Evoke the reaching ability when wielding a polearm.