Orb of Electricity
(Redirected from Orb of Electrocution)
Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Hurls a crackling orb of electrical energy, creating a huge explosion on impact. Its damage partially bypasses armour.|
Orb of Electricity is a monster-only spell that hurls a crackling orb of electricity, which explodes with immense force on impact.
The following enemies may be able to cast Orb of Electricity, depending on their spell set:
- & Pandemonium lord (3.4% chance)
Also, Asterion can hurl orbs of electricity by using the Major Destruction ability.
Black draconians can create orbs of electricity with their Breathe Lightning ability.
Additionally, Makhleb and Vehumet can throw orbs of electricity at disloyal followers as a part of their divine retribution.
- Prior to 0.27, Makhleb's Greater Destruction ability could let players use this spell.
- Prior to 0.20, evoking a disc of storms would provide a similar ability.
- Prior to 0.15, drawing the Spark card from a deck of destruction at power level 2 (legendary deck) could cast this ability.
- Prior to 0.14, this spell was named Orb of Electrocution.
- Orb of Electrocution was a level 7 Conjurations/Air Magic spell, which was replaced with Chain Lightning way back in 0.1. However, the game still has many ways to invoke electric orbs.