Deck of destruction
|A deck of magical cards, most of which hurl death and destruction at one's foes (or, if unlucky, at oneself).|
The deck of destruction focuses on damaging and debilitating enemies. It is one of Nemelex Xobeh's decks. Under Nemelex, you can hold up to 26 cards of this deck at once.
The possible cards across versions in this deck are shown in the table below.
|pre-0.14||0.14||0.15||0.16 - 0.18||0.19 onwards|
The Deck of destruction's cards can be simplified into three main categories:
- 2 (oft-)targetable, elemental attacks - may be piercing, losing 1 range per monster hit.
- 3 LOS attacks - which blow enemies away, mutate them, or deal raw damage.
- 1 Orb of Destruction - See the page for more details.
Therefore, the deck tends to be most useful when there's a line of monsters, or when there's a ton of monsters at once. Of its cards, only Degeneration is likely to be harmful; it polymorphs (which heals monsters), but tends to make easier monsters while inflicting the malmutate status. Thus, destruction gets few benefits from Triple Draw, though Nemelex's other two abilities work anywhere from decent to well (depending on what you actually get).
- Prior to 0.23, decks were physical items.
- Prior to the deck simplification in 0.19, the deck of destruction was an archetype deck, with physical decks of destruction only pulling from the archetype. It was one of 4 decks to be kept in this version.
|Deck of destruction||Degeneration • The Orb • Pain • The Storm • Vitriol • Wild Magic|
|Deck of escape||The Cloud • The Elixir • Exile • The Tomb • Velocity|
|Deck of summoning||The Dance • The Elements • The Illusion • The Swarm • The Pentagram • The Rangers|
|Deck of punishment||Swine • Torment • Wraith • Wrath|