Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
Quaff is a command performed with the q key which allows you to drink potions from your inventory. Doing so takes 10 auts under usual conditions.
You may not quaff potions if you:
- Are a mummy
- Are in Lich Form
- Are berserk
- Have the -Potion status:
- From having recently cast Ozocubu's Refrigeration
- From being hit by a Killer Klown's pie (random chance)
- From the effects of Ru's Sacrifice Drink.
- Killer Klowns gained their pie attack in 0.23.
- Ru and its sacrifices were added in 0.16
- Prior to 0.15, Ozocubu's Refrigeration had no impact on your ability to quaff potions (but did occasionally destroy them in your inventory). There was also a retching status that prevented you from quaffing.
- Prior to 0.14, you could quaff from fountains, receiving various effects.