| A comical figure full of life and laughter. It looks very happy to see you... but is there a slightly malicious cast to its features? Is that red face paint or something altogether less pleasant?
“All the world loves a clown.”
Killer Klowns are powerful humanoid monsters found only in the Realm of Zot. Armed with highly enchanted and branded clubs, they have decent HP, the speed of a centaur, the sporadic blinking of a blink frog, and the ability to inflict various status effects by throwing pies:
- Fire vulnerability
- Stat drain
- Inability to drink Potions
- Bat Form, Pig Form, or Wisp Form
Tips & Tricks
- They have excellent magic resistance, but lack any elemental resistances, so it's not too hard to pile up the damage on them. Try to blast them at range before they can reach you.
- Their constant blinking makes it a little easier for ranged specialists to fight them, but also means they're more likely to be throwing pies at you.
- Try not to fight them with too many dangerous threats around, as their pies can cause major problems. It's all too easy to find yourself suddenly silenced, turned into a helpless bat, or stripped of your fire resistance with an orb of fire around the corner.
Killer Klowns were originally murderous extraterrestrial pranksters in the 1988 Academy Award® winning comedy horror sci-fi film, Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
- The ability to throw pies was added in 0.23. Prior to that, Killer Klowns were unarmed and used a special Klown attack flavor that could choose randomly between Fire, Cold, Electricity, Strong poison, Drain speed, Pain, or Antimagic. Also, they had fast regeneration.
- Prior to 0.14 Klowns had a different set of damage brands for their melee attack: fire, cold, nasty poison, drain XP, rot, blink, anti-magic.