|Taints a targeted creature's ability to cast spells. Casting a spell while afflicted with this condition causes the target to lose access to their magic, briefly preventing them from casting any further spells.|
Sap Magic is a monsters-only spell. Against players, it inflicts the Sap status for 20-30 turns. When you have this status, successfully casting any spell gives you the -Cast status for 3-5 turns. Getting hit by Sap Magic multiple times will extend its duration (max. 50 turns). You can cure both Sap and -Cast with a potion of cancellation.
The following enemies cast Sap Magic:
- Prior to 0.28, the Sap status had a 50% chance to increase your spell failure penalty each time when you cast a spell. There were three levels:
- -Wiz: spell failure rate increased by 12%;
- -Wiz: spell failure rate increased by 24%;
- -Wiz: spell failure rate increased by 36%.
- Also, the spell had a 30% chance to have no effect when cast, despite being otherwise irresistible.