I found a special variety of mimic pretending to be the Orb of Zot in a vault. I know MoogleDan was having some trouble finding info on it, and I was wondering if maybe that's because monstrous mimics aren't seperate monsters, but a variant of ravenous mimics? (Like the flesh golem or ancient champions.) I didn't think to check if that was the case when I found the thing, and I haven't seen another one, but maybe that would help in locating the information on it. --spudwalt 16:49, 13 March 2013 (CET)
- Dunno if anyone was still looking into this, but I found a reference to monstrous mimics while looking for something unrelated:
- 6e99564 | Adam Borowski | 2012-12-05 23:20:14 +0100
- Remove (now unused) monstrous mimics on next save bump.
- They could spawn only in alternate Zot:5 vaults that included an Orb mimic; these are gone now. Monstrous feature mimics were never a thing.
- --Skrybe (talk) 05:04, 20 May 2014 (CEST)