Holy spell school
Obsolete: This article refers to an aspect of the game which has been removed. It is retained for historical reference only.
The holy spell school only existed in pre-DCSS versions of Crawl. Its spells provided a wide variety of useful effects, very few of which can still be found as spells. Among its spells were:
- Lesser/Greater Healing: acted just like a potion of curing/potion of heal wounds (neither cured status effects, though).
- Purification: Similar to the Zin ability.
- Restore Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence: These were very useful if you found them, since in early versions, stats did not heal naturally, and potions of restore abilities could be quite rare.
- Smiting: Back when this was available to players as a spell effect, it was, appropriately a holy spell.
- Cure Poison: The only holy spell that remained player-castable after holy's removal, albeit under a different school.
Holy spells still existed in the code for a long time after they were removed, although they could never be generated in DCSS except through bugs. However, before the advent of gods in pre-DCSS Crawl, they filled the niche that the good gods now fill. Indeed, the abilities provided by holy spells were generally parceled off to the good gods.
Holy spells never had any miscasts associated to them, unlike the Divinations school.