Version 0.29: This article is up to date for the latest stable release of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
|Fires a penetrating bolt of acid.|
Corrosive Bolt launches a piercing bolt of acid that does heavy damage and causes corrosion. It is largely used by monsters, though players may cast it using a wand of acid (and thereby base their spell power off of Evocations).
The following enemies cast Corrosive Bolt:
- L Ancient lich (3d34 damage)
- e Deep elf sorcerer (3d21 damage)
- T Moon troll (3d25 damage)
- D Serpent of Hell (Tartarus) (3d24 damage)
- Q Tengu reaver (3d24 damage)
The following enemies may be able to cast Corrosive Bolt, depending on their spell set:
- & Pandemonium lord (5.2% chance)
- In 0.29, Corrosive Bolt's damage was slightly nerfed. Also, monsters deal less damage with wands of acid now.
- Prior to 0.28, the spell dealt less damage. The damage was increased to compensate for the removal of acid splash damage, which did 2d4 damage to monsters and 4d5 to players.
- Wands of acid were added in 0.18.
- This spell was added in 0.17.