Wand of acid
|A magical device which throws a bolt of corrosive acid.|
Wands of acid apply the Corrosion status, which lowers monster AC significantly. This can provide a surprising boost to damage, especially against tough enemies like orbs of fire, especially when using fast weapons like Short Blades.
These wands are also good as a backup attack. A Corrosive Bolt is effectively a level 6 spell, and with a few points into Evocations, as strong as one. Plus, only a few monsters resist acid.
Tips & Tricks
- Corrosion on monsters doesn't stack.
- Beware of Ijyb, the goblin with a wand (of acid). Bolt wands are easily the most dangerous wand for a D:3 or so character to face. Thankfully, wands of acid can only be fired at range 5.
- Prior to 0.29, monsters dealt more damage with this wand. Also, the wand of light and wand of quicksilver weren't introduced yet, so acid was in 100% of games.
- Prior to 0.26, bolts would have their range reduced by 1 for each target you hit.
- Prior to 0.21, wands of acid could hold at most 15 charges.
- Wands of acid were added in 0.18.
| Acid / Light / Quicksilver • Iceblast / Roots • Charming / Paralysis|
Digging • Flame • Mindburst • Polymorph