Serpent of Hell (Tartarus)
Version 0.24: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
For a list of all dragons, see list of dragons.
|Serpent of Hell (Tartarus) D|
|Attack1||35 (bite: drain experience)|
|Attack2||15 (claw: plain)|
|Attack3||15 (trample: trample)|
|Type||dragon, the Serpent of Hell|
|Flags|| Destroys doors|
|Seemingly three pairs of lurid magenta eyes hanging in the darkness, the outline of a vast, sinuous dragon is just barely perceptible behind. Its malice is palpable.|
The Serpent of Hell is a unique dragon whose elemental affinity varies based on which branch of Hell you encounter it in. When faced in Tartarus, the Serpent is capable of breathing negative energy, vile miasma, and acid at you.
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Bolt of Draining (3d24)|| Natural flag,|
|Slot2||Miasma Breath (3d13)|| Natural flag,|
|Slot3||Corrosive Bolt (3d24)|| Natural flag,|
|Slot4||Summon Dragon||Magical flag|
Tips & Tricks
- Visiting Tartarus without rN++ or better is just asking for aggravating and disabling levels of draining, and that applies while facing the Serpent of Hell. Even with a full three ranks however, the Serpent's Miasma blasts will still damage, poison, slow, and rot you unless you have rot resistance. As this simply isn't available to most characters, try to take out this unique fast before it gets a chance to rot you much, and try not to stand around in miasma if you don't have to.
- If you happen to be carrying one, a scarf of cloud immunity will render you immune to miasma.
- You'll also want rCorr here, as this version of the Serpent of Hell is one of the few sources of acid damage in the hells.
- In 0.16, it got a third breath attack in Corrosive Bolt.
- 0.24 articles
- Bite type
- Drain experience flavour
- Claw type
- Plain flavour
- Trample type
- Trample flavour
- Cold resistance
- Cold resistance 2
- Poison resistance
- Drown resistance
- Miasma resistance
- Negative energy resistance
- Negative energy 3
- Torment resistance
- Holy vulnerability
- Human intelligence
- Uses nothing
- Demonic holiness
- Giant monsters
- Eats doors
- See invisible
- Unique monsters