Obsolete: This article refers to an aspect of the game which has been removed. It is retained for historical reference only.
The dart trap is the weakest trap in the game. It holds 3-11 darts and fires when stepped upon, poisoning the target.
Repel Missiles reduces the chance of this trap being able to hit the player.
Much like other traps, dart traps cannot be disarmed, but they do have a limited supply of ammunition. They are fairly uncommon, appearing only in the Ossuary branch and in the Tomb.
- Dart traps were removed with all mechanical traps in 0.27.
- In 0.24, needles were replaced with darts, and dart traps were brought back.
- Prior to 0.16, traps could be disarmed by "attacking" the trap in place by pressing Ctrl-<Direction>. This was enhanced by the Traps skill, also removed in 0.13.
- Darts and dart traps were removed in 0.15.
- Prior to 0.13, mechanical traps could spawn randomly through the dungeons.