|Reduces the chance of projectile attacks striking the caster, making them easier to dodge. Single-target attacks are much easier to repel than penetrating attacks. Each time a missile is repelled the spell has a chance of expiring, with a lower chance of expiry at high power.|
Repel Missiles is a monster-only spell which moderately protects the caster from ranged attacks.
Repel Missiles reduces the to-hit of ranged attacks against the caster to a random value between:
- vs single-target beams: 0% - 100% of its normal value
- vs penetrating bolts: 50% - 100% of its normal value
The following enemies cast Repel Missiles:
- e Deep elf archer
- e Deep elf elementalist
- Q Sojobo
- i Spriggan air mage
- i The Enchantress
- k Wind drake
Though the Repel Missiles spell is no longer available for players, several other sources exist for players to receive the effect:
- Demonspawn with the Repulsion Field mutation will eventually develop a permanent repel missiles effect.
- Worshipers of Qazlal will eventually acquire a permanent Repel Missiles effect with enough piety.
- The Amulet of the Air is an unrandart amulet that produces a permanent repel missiles effect.
- Scarves of repulsion provide the effect while worn.
This effect is quite valuable for protecting against ranged attacks, especially in the early Dungeon when your defenses are low and you might encounter centaurs (who have made pincushions of many a low-level player). Repel Missiles is useful while exploring the Shoals, the Elven Halls, the Vaults, and other areas infested with enemies who love to shoot at you.
- Prior to 0.25, a more advanced version of Repel Missiles called Deflect Missiles existed.
- Prior to 0.20, Repel Missiles was a level 2 Air/Charms spell available to players. However, other sources still exist.
- Prior to 0.14, the Repel Missiles status expired based on a timer.
- beam.cc:2741 (0.25.0)