Hat of the Bear Spirit
|A fur hat once owned by Ukta, a powerful ogre shaman. It houses the spirit of an especially mighty bear.|
The hat of the Bear Spirit is a dangerous item for melee characters, if only due to the *Rage. However, it does provide some useful buffs; so as long as you can handle the berserk by pre-emptively controlling fights, and don't always use it, this hat can prove to be somewhat useful.
For non-melee characters, *Rage is much more manageable. Ranged Weapons, spells, and other non-melee actions do not trigger the rage. Any MP-related negatives from spirit shield are compensated with a great willpower boost.
Tips & Tricks
- Casters can inscribe their held item with
!a, so that you don't accidentally trigger Bearserk.
- If you try to melee attack with a ranged weapon, you'll fire a projectile instead, which never triggers Bearserk.
- In 0.29, the hat now causes you to go bearserk.
- Prior to 0.28, the hat of the Bear Spririt had evocable berserk (instead of *Rage), rN+, but no buffs to the berserk status.
- In 0.14 the MR provided was increased from 50 to 80.
- art-data.txt:845 (0.30.0)