Ring of the Octopus King
| One of the eight rings once worn by the Octopus King and now scattered across the land. Each has its own unique enchantment.|
"A mermaid who fancied to sing,
Each ring worn also adds a +2 enchantment to the trident of the Octopus King.
There are technically eight different rings of the Octopus King. It is possible to find more than one in a single game, but finding all eight, without doing a copious amount of Ziggurats, is extraordinarily unlikely. These rings are obviously more desirable than their mundane counterparts, but the additional effects these rings offer are very minor; it's not uncommon to find superior randart rings.
Only an Octopode (with their ability to wear eight rings at once) can take full advantage of the rings' synergy with the Trident, and they will still need lots of luck to complete the set.
- Prior to 0.27, rings generated with Stealth instead of Flight.
- Prior to 0.19, the rings' bonus to the trident of the Octopus King was +1 each. Also, one ring granted sustain attributes instead of corrosion resistance.
- Prior to 0.16, rings generated with Regen instead of SInv.
- Prior to 0.15, rings generated with Hunger- instead of Stealth+. Also, the rings did not increase the enchantment level of the trident of the Octopus King.
- The rings of the Octopus King were added in 0.10.