Staff of power
|A staff that provides an increased reservoir of magical power to its wielder.|
A staff of power is a magical staff which increases your maximum MP by 15. Because mana regeneration is based on your max MP, this will also cause you to regenerate MP slightly faster.
The staff can also be used in combat, functioning as a +0 staff. Unlike some other magical staves, it provides no magical combat effects, but Fighting and Staves increase damage like for any other weapon.
One of the more universally useful magical staves, a staff of power can benefit any caster. That being said, it may be wiser to wield a staff of wizardry if your spell failure isn't terribly low; being able to cast a spell once reliably is better than being able to fail to cast a spell multiple times.
- Staves of power were removed in 0.25.
- As of 0.17, this staff once again adds a flat +15 bonus to max MP instead of having a separate reservoir.
- Prior to 0.16, the additional MP was treated as a bonus to max MP, not a reservoir contained in the staff.
- Prior to 0.13, this staff granted a flat +13 MP, although subject to the same stepdown for max MP over 50.
- Prior to 0.8, the chance of a staff of power auto-identifying when wielded depended on the Spellcasting skill of the wielder.