|Raises living creatures slain by the caster and their allies, reducing them to a state of spectral slavery.|
Death Channel is a level 6 Necromancy spell that, while active, raises living creatures (natural holiness) slain by the caster into a state of temporary undead slavery as spectral things. The type of spectral thing depends upon what is killed, but its stats will be similar to that of the creature slain, and it will always have draining-branded attacks. Increasing your spell power will increase the duration of the spell, but has no effect on the duration of the spectral things themselves.
Spectral things are not permanent pets, so will not follow the caster up and down stairs. Creatures affected by this spell still generate corpses as normal.
- Death Channel and Animate Dead function similarly, in that they raise up undead allies for you. Zombies tend to have more hitpoints, less AC, and are of zombie intelligence; spectral things retain their original intelligence. Spectral things also have draining branded attacks.
- Death Channel automatically reanimates monsters for you whereas Animate Dead requires that you take a turn to cast it now and then. Death Channel also does not require a corpse; a living creature slain by you will be reanimated whether it was going to drop a corpse or not.
- Foes that are turned into spectral things are no less likely to leave a corpse, and so using one spell does not make the other work less well.
- Death Channel does not work with Kikubaquudgha's Corpse Delivery.
- Prior to 0.16, the summons would take stairs with you.
- Prior to 0.15, Death Channel had a duration half as long.