Version 0.27: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Conjures forth a great cloud of lethal gases.|
Poisonous Cloud is a monster-only spell that creates several clouds of poisonous gasses at a point within range. The spell also does a small amount of impact poison damage -- while poison resistance completely protects creatures from the clouds this spell generates, the initial impact damage may still poison targets that aren't completely immune to poison.
The following enemies cast Poisonous Cloud:
- D Golden dragon (3d11 damage)
- 2 Green death (3d9 damage)
- d Green draconian (3d9 damage)
- D Swamp dragon (3d7 damage)
The following enemies may be able to cast Poisonous Cloud, depending on their spell set:
- & Pandemonium lord (3.4% chance)
- d Tiamat (3d13 damage, 16.7% chance)
- Poisonous Cloud was removed as a player spell in 0.20. The player version was smite-targeted and could be used in conjunction with various other tactics (such as casting Ignite Poison).
- In 0.19, poison clouds created by the player vanish instantly when out of LoS.
- In 0.14, this spell won't be able to place clouds outside of the caster's LoS. Dissipation time for out of LoS clouds is unchanged.
- Originally a L6 spell, around the time of 0.7 this spell was lowered a level. However, it was subsequently returned to L6 when it was realized that it was overpowered at L5.