| Instantly heals any and all wounds suffered by the caster, but also permanently damages their health, to a degree dependent on (and inversely related to) power.
It is powerful enough to cancel the effects of Death's Door, although doing so will briefly paralyse the caster. It has no effect on the undead.
Reduces your max HP, then sets your current HP to the new maximum. Spellpower may reduce the HP loss. When cast, the game makes nine checks with an
8 / pow chance of failure. Lost max HP equals
failed checks + 6 % of your previous maximum. Therefore, you are guaranteed to lose 6% - 15% of your max HP, average
6 + (72/pow) %.
This spell will have no effect if you are already at max HP or if you have less than 20 max HP. The undead, including Alive vampires and those in lich form, cannot cast this spell. Casting it while under the effect of Death's Door works, but ends the status and paralyses you for 2-5 turns. (Formicids are still immune to this paralysis)
One of the best emergency spells in the game. The permanent HP cost may be intimidating, but if your options are to cast or die, then it should be obvious what to do. Most situations in the game can be solved with the help of a full HP heal. The biggest thing you have to be aware of is silence, which prevents casting any spell. Also, don't rely on a 1% failure chance. Unless you are at 0% failure, cast this spell before you are one turn away from dying.
As a level 8 spell, it's expensive to train. If you aren't already invested into Necromancy, then Revivification is usually too expensive for a 3 rune game. Luckily, the extended game has infinite XP, so you can potentially get any spell you want.
Tips & Tricks
- The spell cannot be cast while in lichform, but you can use your ability to end the transformation. Note that this takes a turn to function.
- Prior to 0.29, casting this spell while under Death's Door would paralyse for 2-7 turns.
- Prior to 0.20, casting this spell while under Death's Door would paralyse the player for 5-9 turns and confuse them for 10-19 turns.
- Prior to 0.18, any race could avoid paralysis by wearing the now-removed amulet of stasis, allowing them to safely cast Borgnjor's while under Death's Door.
- Prior to 0.15, Borgnjor's Revivification only reduced the caster's max HP between 2 to 11 percent.
- Prior to 0.14, it was a level 7 spell.