Iskenderun's Mystic Blast
|Iskenderun's Mystic Blast|
|Source(s)||Book of Blasting|
Book of Spectacle
|Detonates a crackling sphere of destructive energy. The explosion will hit all nearby monsters with physical force, knocking them back if damage is done.|
Iskenderun's Mystic Blast (or IMB) is a level 4 Conjurations/Translocations spell. It generates an explosion centered around the caster, striking all targets within two tiles for moderate physical damage. This can also knock all targets back up to four spaces, with distance and chance dependent on spell power and enemy size. Moved enemies are briefly stuned (4-9 auts).
If this movement would push a creature into impassable terrain (walls, deep water, or lava) or another creature, it will instead deal additional impact damage (2d11 at max power). This spell cannot move stationary monsters like statues or oklob plants.
Conjurers begin with this spell available.
IMB is an excellent jack-of-all-trades combat spell. It is fairly cheap to cast, can damage multiple targets regardless of resistances, and can knock enemies out of melee (staircase) range. The damage output suffers against durable, high AC opponents in the late game, but the knockback effect remains useful. Remember that enemy size matters, though - the largest enemies have a ~25% chance of not being pushed at all by a full-power blast.
Tips & Tricks
- IMB is a noisy spell, so will attract attention from beyond your line of sight. If you want to avoid this, pull enemies back to explored areas before fighting them.
- You can add extra damage by positioning yourself to repeatedly bounce your opponents off the walls.
- Prior to 0.25, Iskenderun's Mystic Blast was a range 6 single-target Conjurations spell with a chance to explode on impact, damaging a starburst-shaped area.
- Prior to 0.17, the range was 7 instead of 6.
- Prior to 0.11, IMB dealt more damage, but did not explode. Also, its range was 5 instead of 7.