Iskenderun's Mystic Blast
|Detonates a crackling sphere of destructive energy. The explosion will hit all nearby monsters with physical force, knocking them back if damage is done.|
Conjurers begin with this spell available.
Generates an explosion that damages all targets within 2 tiles of the caster. This effect can knock targets back by up to four spaces. Chance of knockback, as well as distance, depends on spell power and enemy size. Moved enemies are briefly stunned (4-9 auts).
If this movement would push a creature into impassable terrain (walls, deep water, or lava) or another creature, it will instead deal additional impact damage (2d11 at max power). This spell cannot move stationary monsters like statues or oklob plants.
IMB is an excellent utility spell, able to knock multiple enemies back at once. It can push enemies away from melee (staircase) range, or make it easier to reposition yourself. Because it is a Conjurations spell, blaster casters won't need much investment to cast this spell. Affordable MP cost, too.
As a damage spell, IMB offers moderate, irresistible damage that never misses. However, if your goal is to kill things, then most Conjurations spells will kill quicker and with less MP. For example: at 50 or so power, Searing Ray is better for MP efficiency, unless you can hit many targets with IMB.
Tips & Tricks
- IMB is a noisy spell, so will attract attention from beyond your line of sight. If you want to avoid this, pull enemies back to explored areas before fighting them.
- You can add extra damage by positioning yourself to repeatedly bounce your opponents off the walls.
- Prior to 0.25, Iskenderun's Mystic Blast was a range 6 single-target Conjurations spell with a chance to explode on impact, damaging a starburst-shaped area. It did not knock targets back.
- Prior to 0.17, the range was 7 instead of 6.
- Prior to 0.11, IMB dealt more damage, but did not explode. Also, its range was 5 instead of 7.