Potion of blood
|A potion containing the essence of life. Vampires find it... vital.|
Potions of blood will rot away after a maximum of roughly 2,000 turns. This depends on the original corpse's freshness multiplied by 10 (for reference, a standard corpse rots away after about 200 turns). Each individual potion of blood has its own freshness and will rot away at its own interval, regardless if they are stacked together into one inventory slot.
Different species will display different messages upon quaffing a potion of blood, even if it has no other effect on them:
Vampires: "Yummy - fresh blood!"
Carnivores: "This tastes like blood."
Others: "Yuck - this tastes like blood."
Tips & Tricks
- If you want a constant supply of corpses, you can use Kikubaaqudgha's Receive Corpses ability.
- Vampires will receive more satiation by drinking from a freshly slain corpse rather than drinking from potions of blood. On the other hand, corpses will only last about 200 turns, while potions of blood will last ten times longer (up to about 2,000 turns, depending on how quickly the blood was bottled after the monster was slain). This makes potions of blood a more reliable source of nutrition for areas where fresh corpses may be scarce.
- Potions of blood were removed in 0.24.
- Prior to 0.19, worshipers of good gods incurred a piety loss and penance if they knowingly drank this potion.
- Prior to 0.16, potions of blood could provide some nutrition to carnivore species, and could potentially cause Sickness in non-carnivores. Also, potions of blood would turn into potions of coagulated blood when they neared the end of their freshness, providing the drinker with slightly less satiation.
- In 0.15, ghouls could restore a single point of rot by quaffing a potion of blood. This was removed in 0.16.
- Prior to 0.14, potions of blood were capable of generating randomly, and would restore much more nutrition to vampires than to other species. Also, they were unidentified by default, but having one in your possession when it coagulated would identify both forms. As these potions were always red, it was generally easy to guess their identity anyway.
|Agility • Ambrosia • Berserk rage • Blood • Brilliance • Cancellation • Curing • Degeneration • Experience • Flight • Haste • Heal wounds • Invisibility • Lignification • Magic • Might • Mutation • Resistance|