Sceptre of Torment
Version 0.24: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|An accursed golden sceptre, created by some unknown hellish power. When used in combat, it causes agonising pain in all those unfortunate enough to gaze upon it, save for the wielder.|
Casts Symbol of Torment on 20% of successful attacks - the wielder is immune to these torments
The sceptre of Torment is an excellent weapon for those invested in Necromancy that can take full advantage of the pain brand. Even with no Necromancy skill, a +7 eveningstar is still a respectable one-handed weapon for a Maces & Flails user. Its auto-torment effect is very useful in a standard 3-rune game, but becomes significantly less helpful in late-game areas where most monsters are immune to torment like the Tomb, the Hells, the Abyss, and Pandemonium.
- ↑ art-data.txt:265 (0.24.1)
- Prior to 0.23, the sceptre of Torment had a staff as its base type, did not have the pain brand, triggered torment on 50% of its attacks, and did not protect the wielder from its torment.
- Prior to 0.20, the sceptre of Torment also had a very small chance of activating each turn when you weren't attacking with it.
- Prior to 0.17, the sceptre of Torment had a mace as its base type.
- Prior to 0.15, the Sceptre of Torment was a +7, +6 weapon.