Sceptre of Torment
|An accursed golden sceptre, created by some unknown hellish power. When used in combat, it causes agonising pain in all those unfortunate enough to gaze upon it, save for the wielder.|
The sceptre of Torment is an excellent weapon for those invested in Necromancy that can take full advantage of the pain brand. Even with no Necromancy skill, a +7 eveningstar is still a respectable one-handed weapon for a Maces & Flails user. Its auto-torment effect is very useful in a standard 3-rune game, but becomes significantly less helpful in late-game areas where most monsters are immune to torment like the Tomb, the Hells, the Abyss, and Pandemonium.
- art-data.txt:265 (0.24.1)
- Prior to 0.23, the sceptre of Torment had a staff as its base type, did not have the pain brand, triggered torment on 50% of its attacks, and did not protect the wielder from its torment.
- Prior to 0.20, the sceptre of Torment also had a very small chance of activating each turn when you weren't attacking with it.
- Prior to 0.17, the sceptre of Torment had a mace as its base type.
- Prior to 0.15, the Sceptre of Torment was a +7, +6 weapon.